Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Carlos


On May 22, the world lost a precious little boy who is now in Heaven with Jesus. Carlos was abused as a baby and as a result, was severely disabled. I’m not sure exactly how old he was, but my guess would be between three and four years old. Most of his short couple of years here on earth was spent in a hospital battling illness and close to death many times. I was with him just last month and he seemed to be fine, and when I got the call that he had died, it came as a complete shock. I don’t understand why innocent children have to be put through a life of abuse and suffering, but it’s not mine to understand. God had a plan and a purpose for Carlos’s life here on earth and it was fulfilled. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 says “ For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die.” In between the time that Carlos was born and died he fulfilled God’s Jeremiah 29:11 plan for his life. God knew the plans he had for Carlos, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give him a hope and a future. Carlos knew what it was like to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, but I am certain that he never feared evil because God was for him, and no one could stand against him. Although he was an orphan, his Heavenly father was by his side the whole time. And now, he is at home with his family in his father’s arms, right where he belongs.To know that he is in Heaven gives me a peace that surpasses all understanding and puts me at ease. Although I wanted to see him and hold him again here on earth, I will get to see him in Heaven. He is now able to talk, walk, dance, play, and be the little boy that he never got to be. He has been saved from this evil world where people out of their own selfishness destroyed his body and he has been given a new body. His story has touched many and it will continue to. His life was no accident, he was deliberately placed here for a reason. To God be the glory for the life of Carlos. I can’t wait to see you in heaven buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment